Redeeming Ruth Small Group Questions #1
"Redeeming Ruth" sermon series: 1:1-5
Two Main points from this text:
a. The plans of man, don’t always work out like he thought.
b. God is still sovereign even when man makes a bad choice.
1. What was the climate of the times in the days of Ruth? What similarities do you see between Ruth's day and today?
2. What was probably the cause for the famine? (Read Deuteronomy 28:15 and Hebrews 12:5-11) In what ways have you experienced God's discipline in your life?
3. What should have Elimelech done knowing God's warning? What did you do when you faced his discipline?
4. When famine struck, Elimelech took his family to Mab and then he and both sons died. How would you evaluate his situation?
a. They should have stayed home.
b. You do what you have to do.
c. Bad things happen to everyone, don't second guess yourself.
5. In what ways have you taken matters into your own hands? How'd that work out for you?
Don't forget to join the CABC Small Group Discussion Facebook page!